Kunstwerkt is committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy. This privacy statement explains which data we collect and how we handle personal data. We make every effort to guarantee your privacy and therefore handle personal data with care.
1.2 Kunstwerkt vzw complies in all cases with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This entails that we will always:
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided. These purposes and types of personal data are described in this privacy statement;
- limit the processing of your personal data to only those data that are truly necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- ask for your explicit permission if we need it for processing your personal data;
- have taken appropriate technical and logistical measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- do not pass on personal data to other parties unless this is necessary for the purposes for which they were provided;
- be aware of, inform you of and respect your rights regarding your personal data.
1.3 As Kunstwerkt vzw, we are responsible for processing your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have any questions about it or wish to contact us, you can do so using the contact details below:
Mobile : +32 09 235 22 75
2. Why do we process personal data?
2.1 Kunstwerkt vzw aims to inform its audience, partners and network about visual art practice. Primarily, we do this by sharing knowledge and advice and by interacting with visual arts practitioners. Secondly, we systematically offer information through various channels, including the newsletter and website.
2.2 Your personal data are processed by Kunstwerkt vzw for the following purposes and on corresponding legal grounds:
- keeping art practitioners, partners and a broad network informed about our range of training, projects and activities. This is done mainly through the newsletter (consent of the data subject).
- enabling an individual's participation in an activity or project (execution of an agreement)
- enabling the purchase of a publication or exhibition materials (execution of an agreement)
- create a profile in the web gallery to share an online portfolio. Users choose which (contact)details are public in this context. (execution of an agreement)
- to maintain some anonymous statistics that allow us to map the users of our offerings (and target audience more broadly). We do this to justify our mission to the Flemish government. (legitimate interest)
3. What (personal) data do we process?
3.1 For the purposes set out above, we may request, store and process the following personal data from you:
- Personal identity data : name, first name, address, phone number, email
- Personal characteristics : date of birth, place of residence
- Financial data : bank account number for making payments
We use the data collected only for the purposes for which we obtained the data from the data subject.
3.2 On our website, we use so-called cookies. A cookie is a small file sent by the website owner to the hard disk of the website visitor and stored as such. This captures the address of the visited site together with some data about the visit that allows us to track some anonymous statistics. We inform transparently about the cookies on our sites and clearly request consent for non-functional cookies.
3.3 We only process personal data of minors (persons under 16 years of age) if consent is given by the parent or legal representative.
4. Will your data be passed on to third parties?
4.1 We may share the data you provide to us with third parties if this is necessary for carrying out the purposes described above.
For example, we use a third party for:
- providing the internet environment (web hosting)
- providing the IT infrastructure (e.g. IT network)
- providing and distributing newsletters
- registering data in the CRM system
4.2 With these parties (processors) we obviously make the necessary agreements to guarantee the protection of your personal data. We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not made a processing agreement.
5. Your rights regarding your data
5.2 However, you always have the right to inspect and to correct or delete the personal data we have received from you. At the top of this privacy statement (1.3) you will find instructions on how to contact us. You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or part of it) by us or by one of our processors.
5.3 When using our services, you will always be given the ability to no longer be offered the particular service. If you gave your consent, you can also withdraw it at any time.
More info on your rights can be found on the site of the Data Protection Authority
6. Storage period and security
6.1 Kunstwerkt vzw does not store personal data for longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law.
As a general rule, personal data is kept for a maximum of 5 years after its last use
6.2 We have taken some appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data about you from unlawful processing:
- All persons who may have access to your data on behalf of Kunstwerkt vzw are bound by confidentiality.
- Our employees have been informed on the importance of protecting personal data.
- We operate an username and password policy on all our systems.
- The databases in which your data are stored are secured against unauthorised access by third parties.
- We pseudonymise and ensure the encryption of personal data when appropriate.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
7.1 If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, you can always contact us immediately on this matter. At the top of this privacy statement (1.3) you can find out how to contact us.
7.2 You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commission, which is the supervisory authority on privacy protection. The contact details of the Data Protection Authority are: email@example.com
Data Protection Authority
Press Street 35, 1000 Brussels
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
8. Change in privacy statement
8.1 Kunstwerkt vzw maintains the right to amend this privacy statement. We will make an announcement of such modification on our website.
8.2 This privacy statement was last amended and revised on 20/07/2022.