Born in Brussels, April 1957. Danielle Brits studied visual arts and painting at Saint-Lucas Institute in Brussels.
"Danielle Brits is exploring the forces of the unconscious. Her inspirations are certainly romantic. The characters she depicts, living or undead, earthly or fairy, dwell in her animist and whispering forests. Her paintings are inhabited by manifestations of the sacred or profane, they follow with resolution a mystical quest. Her visions may appear uncanny or melancholic, but at the same time she offers us images of sweetness, welcoming us to her imagination: a home and shelter from the unkindness of daily life". text by Pablo Avendano Chàvarri - Curator at Balthasar Brussels.
- Balthasar Brussels: "Magic, Mystic, and Myth" - August 12 to September 2, 2021
- Balthasar Brussels: Permanent Exhibition since April 2021
- MixArt Gallery Dilbeek: Summer Expo 2020
- MixArt Gallery Dilbeek: Autumn Expo 2020
- MixArt kunstenaarsportaal: since February 2020
- Kunst in 't Kasteel: Sterckshof Deurne Antwerp - December 2019
- Kunst in 't Kasteel: Sterckshof Deurne Antwerp - December 2018
- Galerie de la Madeleine Brussels: October 2001
- Galerie de la Madeleine Brussels: October 2000