For De Blinkerd Editions #10 we organize an open call for a poster. The content of the poster is completely free, but be sure to check out De Blinkerd’s website and socials to get an idea of our approach and ‘look’.
De Blinkerd is an editorial and curatorial haven founded to create and promote transdisciplinary visual art research and practice. Over the course of 2020-2021 De Blinkerd collaborated with a variety of artists. To ring in the new year, we would like to invite new creators for one of our next projects.
For De Blinkerd Editions #10 we organize an open call for a poster. The content of the poster is completely free, but be sure to check out De Blinkerd’s website and socials to get an idea of our approach and ‘look’. The production process will be in close collaboration with De Blinkerd. This means that the entry doesn’t have to be the final product (finished for at least 80%) since we will be working together on finishing the project.
Please read and consider the following details.
By entering this competition, you understand, acknowledge and agree to abide by the following Rules:
1. The format of the poster will be A2 (594 x 420 mm).
2. The poster will be printed on glossy paper.
3. Color and black-white are both possible.
4. Productions costs will be paid for by De Blinkerd.
5. The edition of the posters will be discussed during the production process.
6. The creator will have to sign every poster.
1. The competition is open to any artist, creator, maker, designer, photographer, painter…. But must be 18 years of age or older, and we require that it should be possible for you to travel to Brussels (Belgium) in order to at least once physically meet with De Blinkerd’s team.
2. Entries must be provided in a digital form (jpg, pdf, tiff). Note that these can also be scans from analog works. (photographs, designs, paintings, drawings, text….)
3. The De Blinkerd logo will have to figure on the poster; this can be discussed during the production process.
4. You warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims.
5. Collaborative works are allowed.
6. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law will be immediately discarded.
7. Entrants may use digital image manipulation (e.g. Photoshop) if they desire.
8. Submissions will not be accepted past the deadline.
9. The selected artists will be notified by email.
10. Every design needs to be accompanied by a written statement. This text can be an explanation of the entry, a motivational letter, a fictional text… This text must be 100 words but can only be 300 words.
All entries must be sent to email@example.com with subject: Open Call Poster Project.
The jury selecting the entry will consist of De Blinkerd’s team members Othillia G---, Amelie Silvéria, Armelle Andree, Hendrike MR and two external jury members.
Please provide the following information in the email: name, date of birth, base town and occupation.